How to get out of the caffeine addiction?
Everything is exaggerated, of course it is not good. Same is the case with caffeine. Do not abuse caffeine, which was conceived by coffee, if you drink too much. If too much, you risk resulting heartburn pain and sleeplessness. If you are worried about the possible adverse effects of caffeine in the long term, then try to reduce it.
Reducing caffeine can reduce the pain of heartburn (acid reflux), sleep disorders, and anxiety. However, stopping caffeine altogether can make you more irritable, fatigue, and even headaches. For that, follow some safety tips to reduce the caffeine, as submitted by Robynne Chutkan, gastroenterology experts from the University Medical Center.
- If you are a heavy caffeine drinker, then you need to reduce it gradually, so that the withdrawal symptoms can be reduced. Remember that caffeine can be obtained from many sources, including chocolate, soft drinks, etc.
- Look for other beverages as a replacement: As early as possible you can replace coffee with coffee de-caffeine, which contains less caffeine. Furthermore, replace coffee with other caffeine-free beverages slowly.
- Relieve headache: headache that lasts more than two days, could be a sign that you are experiencing symptoms of caffeine addiction. When the headaches started to bother you, then simply taking painkillers headache. Instead, avoid Aspirin or Ibuprofen. Choose Asetaminopen, because it does not cause heartburn.
- Drink more water: Drinking more water is one way to do a detoxification. Moreover, in a hydrated state, the body will be more vigilant. So that your mind can still stay focused, even without caffeine
- Exercise: Exercise can have an effect as a stimulant, like caffeine. Therefore, if there are signs of the caffeine addictions, such as fatigue, dizziness, do physical activity to improve the energy.
- Eating healthy foods: If all this, caffeine is your mainstay in busy times, instead is a healthy food. Healthy foods are foods that do not contain added sugar, and also not fast food. Healthy food is a good energy booster, especially carbohydrates derived from the fiber.
- Consider the schedule: It means, do not let your stomach empty, in less than four hours. Leaving empty stomach, resulting in the body will lack energy, and also the difficulty in concentrate.
- Sufficient sleep: Coffee contains a stimulant, so if we stop consuming it, then we tend to feel underpowered. In fact, the most powerful drug to restore energy is sleeping. To get around sleeplessness, avoid naps, exercise regularly, and sleep at the same time every day.